- You’ll need an active Console session with the switch you’re unable to access.
- You’ll need to be physically located near the switch to perform this procedure.
- Boot the switch into SWITCH ROM by holding the MODE button down and plugging in the power to the switch.
- Rename the configuration file in flash to a different name such as; config.old
- Boot the switch and copy the contents of flash:config.old into the running configuration after you’ve obtained privilege level access.
- Copy the updated configuration to NVRAM by syncing the running config with the start-up config.